Understanding Construction Liens
In the event of nonpayment by a contractor for materials supplied to construct a new property or improve an existing one, Washington State Law provides material suppliers the right to file a mechanics lien against the property on which the material was delivered.
Browne’s Home Center will abide by the legal process by sending a “Notice of Right to Lien” to the owners of the property where our material was shipped and used in a construction project. This notice is NOT a lien. The notice simply notifies the property owner that a legal right exists. The legal right is the ability to file a lien on said property in the event of non-payment.
It is important that property owners understand the Lien Laws of Washington State and know their rights. If you want to know more, please review this information on liens from the Washington Department of Labor & Industries.
TAL Holdings and Browne’s Home Center proudly support our US Armed Forces. To demonstrate our appreciation, we offer a 5% discount to those individuals who currently serve our country in the US Armed Forces. This discount is only available to active military.
To be eligible for the 5% discount, the individual must:
- Be able to provide proof of active membership in the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard or the National Guard.
- Currently accepted forms of identification for active military include (cannot be expired at the time of purchase):
- Active Duty Military ID card,
- Guard/Reserve Military ID Card,
- Equivalent ID for active service in one of the above-named branches of the US Armed Forces.
- This military discount is meant for personal purchases and cannot be applied to another customer’s purchase, a previous purchase, or used to purchase gift cards. This also cannot be applied to the purchase of an extended protection plan, additional fees or taxes.
- This discount can be applied to any item. There are no product exclusions.
- The total discount cannot exceed $500 per purchase. This discount can be used daily during normal store hours.
- This discount can be used at any time throughout the year for active members. However, it can only be used once per visit at any of our TAL Holdings store locations.
- Currently, this discount is only available for in-store purchases. Once eligibility has been established, the military discount will be applied at checkout and it should be reflected on the sales receipt.
- This discount is not redeemable for cash and is nontransferable.
- Our employees will request to see proof of status. Active military should be prepared to show their identification at the time of purchase. Those eligible for this discount should mention this policy at time of purchase to receive the discount.
- TAL Holdings asks to review IDs to make sure eligible participants receive the discount they are entitled to under this military discount program. The Company only requests to see identification for verification purposes.
- Since this discount is applied to in-store purchases only, we may ask to show proof of eligibility at the time of each transaction.
The Company reserves the right to cancel or modify this program at any time at our sole discretion. TAL Holdings also reserves the right to not offer the discount to any individual if there is evidence of misuse.